Sunday 6 July 2014

Soul Blossoms Quilt Top

Last week, i managed to piece together all the blocks for Marta and Orlando's Quilt. The Amy Butler Soul Blossoms fabric really shines and i'm stoked with how it's turned out.


 Inspired by a quilt by Ann D. Hansen called 'x-tra ordinary'  on p.28 of her book 'make it Modern Quilts' (more info here), i think the use of Amy Butlers Soul Blossoms fabric in this quilt design really makes it sing.


Thanks to all those who have shared their advice regarding binding and quilting. I've really appreciated the diversity of suggestions which helped me a great deal when i made my final selections.


Linking up with:
- Lee for WiP Wednesday
- Amanda Jean for Finish it Up Friday
- Gemma for I Quilt Thursday at Pretty Bobbins and
- Lorna for Lets Bee Social



18 comments:

  1. it's amazing. I love the colours you've chosen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The colors really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful! It's nice to finally see more of it...I can't wait to see it completed.:)
    Looking in my books, I found that Kaffe Fassett as a quilt pattern very similar to this one...It makes me want to make one...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good. Interesting design. I like those running straight lines on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on such a lovely finish, Jen. You have done those Amy Butler fabrics proud and Marta and Orlando are sure to treasure this. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun quilt! love the fabrics you have chosen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so gorgeous!!!!!! I just love, love, love this quilt! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, Stopping by from Lets Bee Social

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also here from Lets Bee Social- this is a lovely quilt and you are right, the fabrics work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right. This is the perfect design for big, bold prints.
    I haven't a clue on quilting designs. I always struggle. I would end up just stippling all over everything because I cannot think of anything more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The crosses work so well together! Your prints are beautiful, and the whole quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a really cool print in the mix there with white wavy lines ... it's give the quilt great movement. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this is absolutely beautiful - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great - turned out really well! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a terrific combination of fabrics and colors Jen! I love how the two colors of sashing intersect the fabrics and either pop out or blend visually! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Wahoo.....I'm always stoked to receive comments so thanks so much for taking the time.

Wishing you many happy quilting hours!